CARE-Cincinnati’s Refugee and Immigrant Civic Leadership Program
For potential participants: If you are interested to gain skills that would help you better advocate for your community and getting more involved in the Cincinnati region, please consider applying for the CARE-Cincinnati’s Refugee and Immigrant Civic Leadership Program. You will have a chance to build relationships to organize around issues that matter to you, while meeting stakeholders across multiple sectors.
We will have presenters from city and county government, statewide advocacy organizations, community based organizations, and academia to engage with cohort members in dialogue and learning.
The five workshops will be:
- Intro to Cincinnati and Hamilton County Government (May 14th)
- Community Organizing (May 28th)
- Narrative Advocacy and Public Speaking (June 11th)
- Ethics and Justice in Civic Work (June 25th)
- Group Reflection and Strategizing (July 9th)
Workshops will be:
- Every other Friday from 6:00-8:00 PM, May14th– July 9th
- Occur online via Zoom.
- In English and interpretation into Nepali, Spanish, French, and other languages, upon request, will be available.
Participants who complete the program will receive a $250 gift card.